Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Magnet Board

Magnet Board


Today I made a Magnet Board and I am quite pleased with the results!

I think I may make some of these for Xmas gifts...yeah I said it..you have to plan early folks lol :)
Well if you're like me and  have a large family and are a bit OCD you have to plan early,
any who, I digress :)

Here's what I did to create this total master piece:


First I used a Cookie Sheet that I bought at the Dollar Store, and spray painted it Baby Blue.


Then I made some Yo Yo Flowers, and Hot Glued them to the bottom left corner.
To see my tutorial on how to make Yo Yo Flowers go HERE


Then I hot glued small magnets to a few big buttons


And VOILA!  So at this point I needed to figure out a way to hang this bad boy..
I thought about hot gluing some ribbon to the back but then...
I had an AWW-HA! moment...


I hot glued the tab from a soda can...ok really it was a beer can..it's five o'clock somewhere right?
Just kidding..kind'a, it was from a beer can but from our recycle bin :)


Now it's proudly hanging in my office and I couldn't be happier with the results!
(Please excuse the darkness of the photo, it's hanging in a poorly lit area)

This was a ton of fun to make and super duper inexpensive.

Thanks for stopping by, till next time!

5 comments:

  1. Um I LOVE this!!! I may have to run to the dollar store tomorrow to make one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks Alexis!!! Send me a pic of what you come up with :) These are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I wish I had thought of it before I bought a magnetic board! I wonder if there is some kind of spray paint that we could also dry erase on?...im gonna try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Msgotitalltogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Haylen! You could cover the bottom half with Contact Paper, that works as a dry erase board. Glass also works, it's a stretch but you could use a piece from an old picture frame, put scrapbook paper behind it for design then glue it to the board? That may work :) If you come up with something cool let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole. I sprayed my sheet and after drying for 2 days, I've noticed that the paint is coming off after I removed a magnet. Did you spray yours with some kind of coating for protection? Thanks for a great craft!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.